[Air-l] eulogizers and executors

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 29 11:13:57 PST 2005

The recent discussion of e-eulogies reminded me of my role a few years ago
as e-executor, when my friend died: Judy Merril (the wonderful
science-fiction editor/writer).

It was my sad task to go to her e-addresses every day for a month and
respond to people who were writing to her, unaware that she had died.

Actually, one correspondent WAS aware. A famous science-fiction writer
wrote to Judy, "I have never slept with anyone other than my wife, but if
I did, it would have been with you."

And so it goes.

 Barry