[Air-l] Birth of virtual communities

joshua raclaw Joshua.Raclaw at colorado.edu
Fri Nov 4 12:33:21 PST 2005

Hi Emilie,

I'm doing research on a social peer network and blog that split off into a
couple different directions when the original free site went to a pay site -
one of these offshoots was more specific in scope, the other far more general.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if the pay issue caused the same thing in other such
sites.

Joshua

Joshua Raclaw
Depat of Linguistics
University of Colorado

* > Hello everyone,
* >
* > I'm looking for examples of virtual communities that gave bearth to
* > other virtual communities. I mean that the members of one virtual
* > community (a mailing-list for instance) decided to have two virtual
* > communities instead of one. The first one is about a subject and the
* > second one is about another subject (linked to the first one, more
* > specific, for instance).
* >
* > Have you ever heard of cases like this?
* >
* > Many thanks.
* >
* > Regards,
* >
* > Emilie Marquois-Ogez
* >
* > ----------------------------------------------
* >
* > Emilie Marquois-Ogez
* >
* > Doctorante en informatique
* >
* > France Telecom R&D
* > 38-40, rue du Général Leclerc
* > 92794 Issy-les-Moulineaux
* > Cedex France
* >
* > Equipes de recherche :
* > - TECH/EASY/DIAG (France Telecom R&D)
* > - Systèmes à objets coopératifs (IRIT - UT1)
* >
* > Tel : +33 (01) 45 29 81 91
* > Fax : +33 (01) 45 29 69 26
* >
* > Page Web : http://www.univ-tlse1.fr/ceriss/soc/perso/marquois/Emilie%
* > 20MARQUOIS.html
* >
* >
* > _______________________________________________
* > is provided by the Association of Internet Researchers http://aoir.org
* > listserv.aoir.org/listinfo.cgi/air-l-aoir.org
* >
* > Join the Association of Internet Researchers:
* > http://www.aoir.org/
* >
*
* is provided by the Association of Internet Researchers http://aoir.org
* Subscribe, change options or unsubscribe at: