[Air-l] wiki tool suggestion?

Steffen Büffel bueffel at uni-trier.de
Thu Nov 24 10:19:32 PST 2005

Hi Radhika!

I am currently using http://www.mediawiki.org which is the wiki-engine
behind Wikipedia. I decided to use mediawiki since most of my students
are already familiar with Wikipedia. But I will definetely have a look
at the other engines that were suggested...

Good luck!
Steffen

p.s. link to my smeinar wiki (in german)
http://wiki.medienwissenschaft.de/index.php?title=Netzwerkmedium_Internet

M.B.Gaved wrote:
> Hi Radhika
>
> I used pmwiki ( http://www.pmwiki.org/ )for a community informatics workshop -
> http://kmi.open.ac.uk/events/ci2005/
>
> it worked really well.
>
> You need to install it on a machine you have ftp access to that's running php and can webserve php pages, but you don't need mysql or similar. I found that I could set it up and tweak it quite a bit just knowing my way round html code.
>
> So probably in the middle between setting up a wikipedia style fully fledged wiki, and using a bit of space on somebody else's server.
>
> good luck!
>
> Mark
>
> Knowledge Media Institute
> The Open University