[Air-l] suggestions for lurking researcher?

Charles Ess cmess at drury.edu
Thu Nov 3 11:51:20 PST 2005

Hi all,

One of my undergraduate students (and, indeed, for another class) would like
to research message boards (as a lurker - though I've apprised her of the
AoIR guidelines) to determine what relationship(s), if any, may exist
between amount/kinds of information under discussion and the emergence of
hierarchical / power structures.

I just know that there must be a thousand citations out there that she
should look at - if you have any to recommend, I'd be grateful if you could
forward those to me.

Many thanks!  And cheers,

Charles Ess

Distinguished Research Professor, Interdisciplinary Studies
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.              Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA       FAX: 417-873-7435
Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html

Co-chair, CATaC'06: http://www.catacconference.org
Co-chair, ECAP'06: http://www.eu-cap.org

Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23