[Air-l] facebook

Nicole Ellison nellison at msu.edu
Sun Nov 13 18:16:19 PST 2005

Hi all,

Chip Steinfield, Cliff Lampe and I (all in the Telecommunications,
Information Studies, and Media dept at MSU) are in the early stages of data
collection for a project examining facebook, but nothing to share quite yet.
The Acquisti piece mentioned earlier is the only published work I've seen on
Facebook, but would love to know if there are others I'm missing. There
seems to be more work on friendster and the more established systems.
danah's work would be a good place to start:

http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2005/10/24/my_articles_on.html

Nicole
Nicole Ellison, PhD
Asst. Professor,
Dept. of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media
Michigan State University
517.432.1667
nellison at msu.edu