[Air-l] New mailing list: eBay studies

Ellis, Rebecca M rellis at essex.ac.uk
Fri Nov 4 08:13:20 PST 2005

I would like to inform the AOIR list membership of a new academic
mailing list set up in response to our recent successful conference,
Cultures of eBay, held in August 2005 at the University of Essex.

To join the list, go to:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ebay-studies.html

The list is regarded as an undisciplined space for the discussion of a
variety of eBay research themes including (but not exclusively) eBay
and... identity, community, social capital, collecting in an e-society,
consumption, consumer lifestyles, employment effects, website design,
usability, the 'real' economy, the 'perfect market' and representations
of eBay. It aims to encourage interdisciplinary research and
collaboration through a discussion of eBay-related ideas and ongoing
research. It also welcomes postings on relevant calls for papers and
conferences.

Rebecca Ellis
Chimera
Institute for Socio-Technical Research & Innovation
University of Essex

E: rellis at essex.ac.uk
Adastral Park, PP1 Ross Building,
Martlesham Heath, Ipswich IP5 3RE