[Air-l] Blogging basics?

Heidelberg, Chris Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov
Wed Nov 30 10:38:30 PST 2005

Radhika:

It is progressive because there is still a lot of resistance to distance
learning in academia. It is a way for the school to make more money, but
many in academia, based on my research (both formal and informal) have
issues with distance learning. In fact, the president of CHEA spoke at our
seminar class approximately three weeks ago and this topic was heavily
discussed. A lot of institutions have openly criticized and tried to
minimize the University of Phoenix and how the school was treated like an
ex-con on probation. We use Blackboard and it is vanilla, but it is
effective. One can have full blown discussions, turn in papers and do exams
online. I've had at least 7 classes that have been Blackboard and classroom
combinations. They were great.