[Air-l] Bloggers Progressive?

mv23 at humboldt.edu mv23 at humboldt.edu
Wed Nov 30 13:23:32 PST 2005

Hmmmm... I haven't done an empirical search of blogger sites, but I
imagine there are quite a few racist, sexist etc. bloggers out there. Just
as other Internet technologies have been harnessed for all political
purposes, blogging no doubt has been as well.  I understand the empirical
correlation between technology use and political likelihoods... but I have
a hard time with technology stripped of content categorized as
"progressive".  The concept of "innovative" works better for me.

Mary E. Virnoche
Assistant Professor
Coordinator, Practicing Sociology MA
Chair, CAHSS Curriculum Committee