[Air-l] Bloggers Progressive?

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Nov 30 15:06:30 PST 2005

so then are log-cabin republicans conservative or progressive?  I
think we have to be careful about categories and that is what I was
trying to point out that there are many spectrums of values and one
of them is progressive to conservative, and that the way we tend to
categorize things in the media and everyday life does not necessary
map onto analytic categories or indicators.  this is because in
general terms the concepts are confused in the american media, or at
least I think so.  The terms do not hold the same meaning for all
people in all context, but we can use standard definitions and then
code things appropriately.    I'm not sure where people are putting
their categories below and what they are trying to accomplish in
doing so, but i do know that there is much at stake in the power of
the categories.