[Air-l] PhD in Organization Science

Blanchard, Anita L alblanch at email.uncc.edu
Tue Nov 22 11:03:27 PST 2005

Colleagues:

The University of North Carolina Charlotte is starting a new Ph.D.
program in Organizational Science.  Pending final Board of Governors
approval in January, the program will begin accepting students this
Spring for enrollment in the Fall of 2006.

I am writing to solicit your help to introduce the program to students
on your campus as well as hopefully encourage those interested in
doctoral training to apply.  While more detailed information can be
found at http://www.orgscience.uncc.edu, please allow me to highlight a
few features of the program.

* Organizational Science is an emergent interdisciplinary field of
inquiry and practice focusing on individual and organizational health,
well-being and effectiveness.  It assumes that a thorough understanding
of organizations requires an interdisciplinary focus that crosses levels
of analysis and disciplines.

* 20 faculty from I/O Psychology, Management, Organizational
Communication, and Organizational Sociology support the program. Faculty
include: Anita Blanchard, Kimberly Buch, David Gilmore, Eric Heggestad,
Jo Ann Lee, Charlie Reeve, Steven Rogelberg, William Siegfried, Jennifer
Welbourne, Chris Henle, Doug Pugh, Beth Rubin, Kelly Zellars, Yang Cao,
Teresa Scheid, Wei Zhao, Shawn Long, Clifton Scott, John Kello, Scott
Tonidandel

* The specific topics of study in the Organizational Science program
include, but are not limited to: selection, testing, training,
performance management, workplace health, employee attitudes and
satisfaction, team effectiveness, leadership, communication
effectiveness, work/life issues, change management, and organizational
structure and effectiveness.

* The program is based on the science/practice model.  Students will
learn about and participate actively in quantitative and qualitative
research; engage in practicum/internship opportunities; and take a wide
range of methodological and content courses.

First year recruitment is crucial for the program's success, and your
help will be greatly appreciated.  We have also attached a short poster
which we hope you would consider displaying.

We look forward to hearing from your interested students.

Best regards,

Steven Rogelberg, Ph.D.

Director, Organizational Science

sgrogelb at email.uncc.ed[Anita says...] u