[Air-l] Research fellowships - Internet research opportunity

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 04:47:18 PST 2005

Hi Matt,

I'm getting ready to revise and update my application.  My question is: do
you think its still competitive (as you remember it), given the recent
interest you may have received from other aoir members?

just curious and seeking your advice,

annette

p.s.  by the way, i like the way you are leading aoir and i'm really happy
to see it all coming together in such an active and organized way.  Great
job!

On 10/25/05, Matthew Allen <M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> each year Curtin University offers several research fellowship positions
> across the university. These positions are always highly competitive: as
> well as 3 years fulltime research, there are options to extend for another 2
> and then convert to a tenurable position. Some research funding is also
> provided. The closing date is 16 December.
>
> For more information: http://research.curtin.edu.au/fellowships/index.html
>
> I am seeking interest from air-listers who might want to apply for one of
> these positions, and come and work in Internet Studies with us. We've been
> very close now two years in a row to getting one of these fellowships in our
> area and I am thinking it is third time lucky :).
>
> Anyone interested in applying should contact me directly, and immediately
> for advice on the application process.
>
> Best wishes
> Matt
>

> Dr Matthew Allen
> Associate Professor Internet Studies
> Associate Dean Teaching and Learning, Humanities
> Curtin University of Technology, CRICOS 00301J Australia
> m.allen at curtin.edu.au
> http://smi.curtin.edu.au/netstudies/allen.htm
> +61 8 92663511 (v) +61 8 9266 3166 (f)
> President, Association of Internet Researchers http://www.aoir.org

*************************
Annette N. Markham, Ph. D.

Manager of Technology Customer Service, Information and Technology Services
Division
Associate Professor and Program Coordinator of Communication, Humanities and
Social Sciences Division

University of the Virgin Islands
#2 John Brewer's Bay
St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.  00802-9990