[Air-l] biological new media interventions?

Katherine Mancuso katherine.mancuso at emory.edu
Wed Nov 23 10:23:07 PST 2005

Does anyone know much about biologically related new media projects
other than the Critical Art Ensemble?  I'm specifically interested in
eugenics and things similar to The Flesh Machine.  I don't know of
anyone who will know since my knowledge has effectively outstripped
that of my new media professor at this point, so I'm just fishing for
any sources that are helpful here.  Either analyses of CAE's work, or
(preferably) other new media interventions.

thanks!
kathy

--
Katherine Mancuso, PhD student
Graduate Institute of the Liberal Arts
katherine.mancuso at emory.edu

AAA 2005 Media/Technology sessions: http://wiki.oxus.net/wiki/AAA2005
Anthropologists and labor unions allied: http://AAAUnite.blogspot.com
Orphans V: Science, Industry, Education: http://www.sc.edu/filmsymposium
Social software linkage: http://del.icio.us/museumfreak
My weblog: http://museumfreak.livejournal.com

"My life is not a quota or an action to affirm an idea of equality.
My life is my life." ~Jamaica Kincaid
"she's nothing more than fiction / she dreams in digital / compose
your dreams / and don't be afraid to expose yourself." ~Orgy