[Air-l] an emerging social phenomenon on the web

Derek McMillan derekmcmillan1951 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 02:55:50 PST 2005

Groups of posters (who for all I know could have consisted of one person!)
have hijacked usenet newsgroups for the purpose of posting irrelevant
material in vast quantities and swamping the group. This was on top of all
the spam.

I have shifted to using moderated boards rather than usenet now because of
this.

I have never been personally attacked although my views have attracted
vigorous criticisms - I particularly remember a heated exchange with
fascists in Kent whose main issue was they hated people from Sussex!