[Air-l] Bloggers Progressive?

joshua raclaw Joshua.Raclaw at colorado.edu
Wed Nov 30 14:59:22 PST 2005

i've come across a number of anti-homosexual bloggers and forums within
blogsites.  the content goes from outright gaybashing to plain old straight
pride.

there's even a harry potter role-playing blog that's prohibited users from
applying to play as GLBT characters, claiming that hogwarts didn't have nearly
so many queer wizards and witches as the site had applicants :)

joshua

Quoting Radhika Gajjala <radhika at cyberdiva.org>:

* ditto!
*
* r
*
* >Hmmmm... I haven't done an empirical search of blogger sites, but I
* >imagine there are quite a few racist, sexist etc. bloggers out there. Just
* >as other Internet technologies have been harnessed for all political
* >purposes, blogging no doubt has been as well.  I understand the empirical
* >correlation between technology use and political likelihoods... but I have
* >a hard time with technology stripped of content categorized as
* >"progressive".  The concept of "innovative" works better for me.
* >
* >
* >
* >
* >Mary E. Virnoche
* >Assistant Professor
* >Coordinator, Practicing Sociology MA
* >Chair, CAHSS Curriculum Committee
* >Vice President, SWS-West
* >
* >Department of Sociology
* >Humboldt State University
* >Arcata CA 95521
* >707-826-4569
* >http://www.humboldt.edu/~mv23
* >
* >
* >_______________________________________________
* >is provided by the Association of Internet Researchers http://aoir.org
* >Subscribe, change options or unsubscribe at:
* >
* >Join the Association of Internet Researchers:
* >http://www.aoir.org/
*
*
* --