[Air-l] AoIR Annual General Meeting

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Sun Oct 9 05:57:32 PDT 2005

Hi everyone

I just wanted to report briefly on the AGM for the Association.  The meeting was held Saturday evening and consisted of report from the outgoing executive, the working parties for the Association (ethics and annual), the handover from the old exec to the new executive, and then a very productive Q&A, discussion session about the association and what it might do.

As incoming President I want to thank everyone who gave of their time to attend and sharing their ideas and concerns and the exec undertakes to work with the ideas proposed where possible to improve the association. I also want to reiterate (from the meeting) my thanks to Nancy Baym, outgoing president, the outgoing exec and, of course, my confidence in the new executive, whom I thank for agreeing to serve AoIR.

Matt

Dr Matthew Allen
Associate Professor Internet Studies
Associate Dean Teaching and Learning, Humanities
Curtin University of Technology, CRICOS 00301J Australia
m.allen at curtin.edu.au
http://smi.curtin.edu.au/netstudies/allen.htm
+61 8 92663511 (v) +61 8 9266 3166 (f)
President, Association of Internet Researchers http://www.aoir.org