[Air-l] Information/knowledge

Stephen Coleman stephen.coleman at oii.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 16 01:18:10 PDT 2005

The most comprehensive and stimulating volume on information/knowledge that
I know is Information Space: A Framework for Learning in Organizations,
Institutions and Cultures by Max Boisot, London: Routledge, 1995.

I would also strongly recommend Looking for information: A survey of
research on information seeking, needs, and behavior  by Donald Case, New
York: Academic Press/Elsevier Science, 2002.

Stephen Coleman,

Oxford Internet Institute

can you -- or anyone else on the list -- point me to references on

the distinction between information and knowledge?

Clifford Tatum

Doctoral Student

Dept. of Communication

University of Washington