[Air-l] information and knowledge - II

Andrew Wenn andrew.wenn at vu.edu.au
Mon Oct 17 03:03:01 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

To add to Charles' suggestions on philosophical approaches, you
should try:

Borgmann, A. 1999, Holding on to Reality: The Nature of Information
at the Turn of the Millennium, University of Chicago Press, Chicago.

A very thorough readable, social semiotics inclined text. Borgmann is
well respected in philosophical circles. You might also like to check
out some responses to the book at:

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/ejournals/SPT/v6n1/

Cheers,

Andrew Wenn.