[Air-l] Fwd: [school-discuss] $100.00 laptop

Paul Chenoweth chenowethp at mail.belmont.edu
Mon Oct 3 05:31:48 PDT 2005

Charlie,
Indeed, the $100 Laptop initiative targets some of the poorest countries
in the world and indeed there are human rights, social problems, and
health crises that need as much or more attention...but let's be careful
of 'throwing the baby out with the bath water', in essence saying that a
continent is somehow unworthy of joining the technologically enabled
world due to current problems, racial demographics, or geography.