[Air-l] New CMC + Sociolinguistics listserv, blog

Lauren Squires squires at virginia.edu
Mon Oct 10 07:59:20 PDT 2005

Dear AoIRers (+ others),

What a great week/end in Chicago! Thanks to everyone for the great ideas,
conversation, and inspiration.

Some of you might be interested in a couple of new online developments for
the fostering of discussion related to sociolinguistics (very broadly
construed) and CMC: a new LinguistList listerv, as well as a group blog.  We
(= three linguistics grad students) are hoping to create these spaces to
encourage discussion, collaboration, and valuable resource-sharing amongst
people doing, or simply interested in, sociolinguistic-type research on CMC.
 Please forward.

For description of the CMC-SLING listserv, to subscribe, or to see the
listserv archives (which currently consist of our ramblings on how we should
start a listserv):
http://cf.linguistlist.org/cfdocs/new-website/LL-WorkingDirs/lists/get-list-detail.cfm?List=2415

Blog, "Sociolinguistics and CMC": http://sociocmc.blogspot.com

Though sparse now, these entities should be evolving much in the next few
weeks/months - very exciting, please join in.

Best,
Lauren
----
Lauren Squires