[Air-l] "Murero's found for students and researchers (with no money)"

Monica Murero monica.murero at unifi.it
Wed Oct 26 15:11:05 PDT 2005

>I think the click on donation is key.  as a lifetime member award
> winner, I'm going to join Monica and others in contributing what
> would have been my annual dues to the graduate student fund.

Thank you Jeremy . This is a wonderful tought and a great action of yours :)
 I am  learning how to develop (smile) "the Murero's found for students and
researchers with no money " :-)

But please,  do not come to me and ask for money, because I have not
anymore!!

I will do my best to convince the exec and AoIR to destinate a generous
amount
EVERY year to the found :-)) Being the new Treasurer, I hope I can be
persuasive
and convince that great group of people (...see, I am  working here :-) !

There are many creative ways to make MORE people access the conference
like rotate venues,  and also  negotiating affordable hotels deals, or
flight+hotel stays,
a direction I am  working towards at the moment  within the exec, as
promised
at the AGM. I plan to organize some fund raising as well.  I will be back
as soon as I learn how to do it  in practice ;-)

...now dealing with the international bureaucracy... I guess I will be back
one
of  these years !  but we'll do it, I promise.
Let's  see together where this goes to...we really need *your help* to make
it happen.
Aoir's are great people !

cheers from Florence (Italy)
Monica
Prof. Monica Murero, PhD
Director, E-Life International Institute, Professor in Communication and
Media Integration
MICC, Center of Excellence for Media Integration and Communication
Treasurer of the Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR) - Executive
Board

University of Florence
Largo de Gasperi, 1 - 50137 Firenze (Italy)
Tel. + 390 55 4237401   Fax + 390 55 4237400  or  +390 550 5187 29
Website http://www.micc.unifi.it
E-mail: monica.murero at unifi.it
http://www.aoir.org/?q=node/133
http://www.captaindoc.com/interviews/interviews12.html