[Air-l] Community Technology Midwest: Springfield in November

Michael Maranda mmaranda at afcn.org
Sat Oct 8 01:57:34 PDT 2005

On behalf of the Illinois Community Technology Coalition and CTCNet Chicago
Chapter, you are cordially invited to the second annual Illinois Community
Technology Conference, to be held in Springfield, Illinois, November 16 and
17th in conjunction with the sixth annual Illinois Telecommunications
Conference.

This event will bring together organizations and advocates promoting digital
literacy, access and equity in rural and urban communities and your presence
is essential to any great Midwest community technology gathering.  You'll
find more information about the conference at
http://www.ctcnetchicago.org/conference.

But we're not only interested in your presence, we want your involvement!
We've made the Share-Fair a significant part of this conference because the
strength of our network lies in how we serve as a resource to each other.
For more information or to participate in the Midwest Share-Fair, please
visit http://www.ctcnetchicago.org/sharefair.

We're also very excited to invite you to a reception at the new Lincoln
Presidential Library in downtown Springfield 5:30-7:30 after the Share Fair
on November 16th.  The Future of Digital Literacy will be our theme and we
will be presenting the first Midwest Community Networking Award to an
honored and distinguished colleague from Ohio.  This is also an opportunity
to visit the new library, which opened last fall, on this "late night" where
you can visit rooms until 8:30.  The Library is right across the street from
the new Lincoln Presidential Museum which opened this spring.

We look forward to seeing you there.  Let's make a bold statement for the
Midwest!

Best Regards,

Michael Maranda

Michael Maranda
President, The Association For Community Networking (AFCN)
http://www.afcn.org
Executive Director, CTCNet Chicago Chapter
http://www.ctcnetchicago.org
Co-Chair, Illinois Community Technology Coalition (ilCTC)
http://www.ilctc.org
Vice President, CAAELII
http://www.caaelii.org
Vice President, NPOTechs
http://www.npotechs.org

Join us for Digital Neighborhoods: Connecting All Chicago to the World,
October 20th!    http://www.ctcnetchicago.org/event
Attend the Illinois Community Technology Conference, November 16-17, 2005.
http://www.ctcnetchicago.org/conference