[Air-l] role playing in MUDs

Ulf-Dietrich Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Sun Oct 2 03:42:33 PDT 2005

Lella,
you may want to check out the work by two early
researchers of social interaction in MUDs and
MOOs: Diane Schiavo and Sonja Utz.
Examples:
Schiano, D. J. (1997). Convergent methodologies
in cyber-psychology: A case study. BEHAVIOR
RESEARCH METHODS INSTRUMENTS & COMPUTERS, 29 (2),
270-273.

Utz, S. (2000). Social information processing in
MUDs: The development of friendships in virtual
worlds. JOURNAL OF ONLINE BEHAVIOR, 1 (1).
http://www.behavior.net/JOB/v1n1/utz.html

Utz, S. (2002). Forms of research in MUDs. In B.
Batinic, U.-D. Reips & M. Bosnjak (Hrsg.), Online
Social Sciences (pp. 275 - 289). Göttingen:
Hogrefe & Huber Publishers.

Utz, S. (2003). Social identification and
interpersonal attraction in MUDs. SWISS JOURNAL
OF PSYCHOLOGY, 62 (2), 91-101.

Best, --u

At 11:51 Uhr +0200 29.9.2005, Antonella Mascio wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I'm starting to study the role palying in MUDs.
>Do you know if there are some interesting MUDs
>to visit? And do you know if there are some
>studies on this topic?
>
>thank you very much
>lella

   PD Dr. Ulf-Dietrich Reips