[Air-l] Information and knowledge

clifford tatum clifford at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 12 00:27:06 PDT 2005

greetings all,

brenda - thanks for sharing your summary. i'm also interested in this
topic (for my dissertation research).

can you -- or anyone else on the list -- point me to references on
the distinction between information and knowledge?

here are two that i know of:

Raynes–Goldie, Kate (2004) Pulling sense out of today’s informational
chaos: LiveJournal as a site of knowledge creation and sharing. First
Monday, volume 9, number 12 (December 2004)
http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue9_12/raynes/index.html

Stehr, Nico (2005), knowledge politics: governing the consequences of
science and technology. Boulder: Paradigm Publishers. (found on pp
31- 36)

thanks,
clifford

---