[Air-l] Research Request

sjmcmill sjmcmill at utk.edu
Sat Sep 10 02:49:01 PDT 2005

Dear Internet Researcher,

A colleague and I are working on a research project that explores
interactivity at a tourism-related Web site.  The project has been in progress
for some time, and we regret the unfortunate reality that the particular
region we are studying is one that is currently experiencing tragedy.
Nevertheless, the underlying principles that we are exploring remain important
and we would like to ask you to participate in the study.  Participation is
simple and quick and it might even give you some ideas for your future
research, Thank you in advance for your assistance with this research project.

*****
Your help is needed in a Web-based study.  It requires about 15-25 minutes of
your time and you can do it from anyplace that you have a connection to the
Web.  All you need to do is look at a Web site and then answer a survey
questionnaire that provides feedback on that site and your opinions of it.

You must be age 18 or older to participate in this study.  The Web site that
you will be reviewing is for test purposes only.  It is not a "real" site and
is not supported or endorsed in any way by any organizations whose products
and/or services are mentioned.  All data will be analyzed in the aggregate.
You will not be identified in any way in reports of this study.  By completing
the study, you provide your informed consent to participate.

If at any time, you wish to quit the project, you can simply close the Web
site or survey.  If you have questions at any time about the study or the
procedures, you may contact the researcher, Sally J. McMillan, at 476
Communications Building, Knoxville, TN  37996, 865-974-5097, or
sjmcmill at utk.edu.  If you have questions about your rights as a participant,
contact Research Compliance Services at (865) 974-3466.

Review the site for about 15 minutes or until you think that you have a good
feel for the site.  Then, click on the survey button that is in the top left
portion of the screen.

Please go to the site now.  Click on this hyperlink:
http://www.wwwresearch.net.  If this does not open a page for Louisiana
Cooking, cut and paste the Web address into your Web browser.

Thank you very much for your help with this research project.

Sally J. McMillan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Interim Associate Dean of Academics
College of Communication and Information
University of Tennessee
sjmcmill at utk.edu