[Air-l] Research Request

Laurie Henry lahenry at charter.net
Tue Sep 13 02:30:05 PDT 2005

-------------- next part --------------

Subject: Seeking Survey Respondents

Principal Investigator: Dr. Donald J. Leu
Student Researcher: Laurie A. Henry
Study Title: Teacher Beliefs about New Literacy Instruction Scale

You are invited to participate in a survey that explores teacher?s
beliefs about teaching the new literacy skills (reading and writing)
that students require when using the Internet.

I am a graduate student at the University of Connecticut  and a member
of this listserv community.  I am conducting this survey because I am
interested in finding out what teachers believe about teaching students
the new literacy skills of the Internet during regular classroom
instruction.  Survey results will be used to create appropriate
professional development sessions for school districts that provide
support and resources for the integration of technology (and the
Internet in particular) within K-12 school curriculum.

Your participation in this study will require completion of an online
survey.  This should take approximately 5-10 minutes of your time.
Your participation will be anonymous and you will not be contacted
again in the future.  You will not be paid for being in this study.
This survey does not involve any risk to you.  However, the benefits of
your participation may impact the teaching profession by providing
important information about teachers? beliefs regarding new literacy
instruction on the Internet.

  If you have any questions about this project or if you have a
research-related problem, you may contact me, Laurie Henry, at (860)
486-4634 or my advisor, Dr. Donald J. Leu at (860) 486-0202. If you
have any questions about your rights as a research participant you may
contact the University of Connecticut Institutional Review Board (IRB)
at 860-486-8802. An IRB is a group of people that reviews research
studies to make sure they are safe for participants.

Participation in this study is strictly voluntary.  You do not have to
participate if you do not want to. There are no penalties or
consequences of any kind if you decide that you do not want to
participate.

Please complete the survey by clicking on the following link:
http://www.advancedsurvey.com.  When you arrive at the Advanced Survey
homepage, type in survey #29369 in the ?Take A Survey? box.  Thank you
in advance for your participation in this study.

Sincerely,

Laurie Henry
PhD Student, Cognition & Instruction
University of Connecticut