[Air-l] Upcoming online and face-to-face events on communities of practice

John D. Smith John.Smith at LearningAlliances.net
Wed Sep 14 14:29:12 PDT 2005

There are several events, both online and face-to-face, that might interest
you or your colleagues.  Please reply to this message if you'd rather not
receive this kind of announcement in the future.  And DO let me know if you
know of other events that might be of interest.

These events are described in this email message:

* Online: Foundations Workshop - a 7 week workshop that's scheduled to begin
on October 3rd, 2005 and  on Feb 6, May 15 and Sep 11, 2006 -- simulating a
community of practice on communities of practice
http://www.cpsquare.org/edu/foundations/index.htm

* Online: Collaborative Communities of Practice Online Conference, Fall 2005
- CoPs as Learning Networks, Co-Sponsored by iCohere, Inc. and CPsquare.
September 27 and 28, 2005 -- http://www.icohere.com/CCOP2005

* F2F: a 3-day dialog organized by CPsquare (http://www.cpsquare.org)
scheduled immediately before The Community Informatics Research Network
Conference in Prato, Italy Oct 9-11 2006
http://www.ciresearch.net/conferences/index.php?cf=4

+++++++++++ THE DETAILS +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
* Online: Foundations Workshop October 3rd, 2005 and  Feb 6, May 15 and Sep
11, 2006 http://www.cpsquare.org/edu/foundations/index.htm

The Foundations Workshop continues to evolve each time it's offered.  It's
like an open lab for a global community.  A recent blog post describes some
of the activities of Workshop alumni: http://www.cpsquare.org/edu/News/

September 27 and 28, 2005 -- http://www.icohere.com/CCOP2005

CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS

Learning for a Small Planet, with Etienne Wenger, founder of CPsquare

Blending Communities of Practice and Training, with Jack Merklein,
Director, Knowledge & Learning, Xerox Global Services, Inc.

Collaboration at CSC: From Virtual Teams to Communities, with Mark Neff,
Senior Member of the Advisory Staff, Computer Sciences Corporation

Building Association Learning Networks Using Social Media, with Jeff De
Cagna, Co-founder of Association Renewal LLC and Chief Strategist and
Founder of Principled Innovation

Going Statewide: Networking Learners, with Sheryl Hansen, Director,
Professional Development Programs, Ohio Learning Network

Sign up before September 19 to receive the Early Bird discount of 25% off!
For more information, see http://www.icohere.com/CCOP2005

* F2F: The Community Informatics Research Network Conference in Prato, Italy
Oct 9-11 2006 http://www.ccnr.net/?q=taxonomy/term/48

We're going to organize a three-day-plus dialog before the Prato conference
(and planning to report to the rest of the conference on our "conclusions").
Write me if you're interested in organizing or participating in this event.
It's going to be modeled on the dialog at Setubal
http://www.cpsquare.org/events/LBD/index.htm ...

Cheers!

John
*
* John D. Smith - John.Smith at LearningAlliances.net V: 503.963.8229
* CoP Foundations workshop starts Oct 3: www.cpsquare.org/edu/foundations
* "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our
*  decisions on the next seven generations." -- Iroquois Nation Maxim