[Air-l] jobs at Northwestern & meeting opportunity at AoIR in Chicago

Eszter Hargittai lists04 at eblogle.com
Tue Sep 13 14:55:58 PDT 2005

Hi,

I posted our job announcement during the summer (copied below), but wanted
to repost in the context of the upcoming AoIR meetings in Chicago.  I and
other members of the department (e.g. Pablo Boczkowski, Justine Cassell)
will be at the conference and would be happy to meet with people to chat
about our department and programs.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Eszter
http://www.eszter.northwestern.edu

---

The Department of Communication Studies at Northwestern University invites
applications for up to two tenure-track positions, building on the
department's strengths in the study of human interaction and communication
technology. The positions are open rank and would begin in Fall, 2006.

We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in either of
two areas:

1. Social network analysis (scholars with strong quantitative skills who
employ network analytic techniques in the study of communication
phenomena). Search number S-102-06.

2. Computer-mediated communication (including scholars with research
programs in, e.g., social computing, video-conferencing, instant
messaging, on-line communities). Search number S-103-06.

PhD or equivalent is required.  Applicants should possess excellent
publication and teaching credentials, commensurate with years of
experience. A record of externally funded research is highly desirable.

In order to ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
November 1, 2005. A letter of application, vita and three letters of
recommendation should be sent to:

Chair, Search Committee
Department of Communication Studies
Northwestern University
2240 Campus Drive
Evanston, Illinois 60208

Northwestern University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity
employer.Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.  Hiring is
contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.