[Air-l] AVS Software History

John Laprise j-laprise at northwestern.edu
Tue Sep 27 12:41:28 PDT 2005

This is a general request for assistance. I am gathering materials for a
major research project on the history of Anti-Virus Software (AVS) and would
appreciate information on resources for this endeavor. Recent scholarship
has focused on software generally or the histories of specific companies. In
looking at a genre of software, my project will examine the special role
that AVS companies have in the software ecosystem between operating systems,
users, and programmers through a critical examination of the history of AVS
producers. Any assistance you can provide in obtaining access to useful
records or directing me towards knowledgeable individuals would greatly
assist my endeavor.

Best regards,

John Laprise

Ph.D. Candidate