[Air-l] RE: mobile taxi tv

T. Kennedy tkennedy at netwomen.ca
Tue Sep 13 07:50:17 PDT 2005

This is an interesting experience considering the article I recently blogged
about:

Toyota Computer Makes You Watch the Road
"TOKYO - Japanese automaker Toyota has developed a safety technology that it
says will keep the driver's eyes on the road.

An image-processing computer system developed by Toyota Motor Corp. and a
Toyota affiliate uses a camera near the steering wheel to detect when the
driver stops looking straight ahead."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050906/ap_on_hi_te/japan_crash_safety

They also say "Research shows that most accidents happen because the driver
isn't paying attention, according to Toyota."

Now we know what they are doing while they are driving....

Tracy L. M. Kennedy
PhD Candidate -
Department of Sociology

Graduate Fellow -
Knowledge Media & Design Institute

Research Associate -
NetLab - Centre for Urban & Community Studies

University of Toronto
725 Spadina Ave.
Toronto, ON M5S 2J4
tkennedy at netwomen.ca