[Air-l] 'Net Neutrality' Laws May be Needed, MUCH BETTER Panel Says

Dominic Pinto zorro at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 26 15:34:16 PDT 2005

It's on BBC World Service - play again, or podcast -
at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/1478157.stm

This is a 15 years out view - ie 2010. And the program
is made up of a variety of people's views: Accra in
Ghana being a central financial powerhouse for Africa:
open access/massive interconnectivity to information
via the citizens register (hmmmm!); individual access
and registration has to be paid for, via a net
passport (who controls the sale of these?); and you
need that to use any national, government service
(health, or whatever); identity theft is clearly still
an issue - trust your government that you (post-Iraq?)
elected? How does that guarantee security, with the UN
ensuring systems security? Hmmmmmm!

Much the rest of it conceded that most of today's
problems (worms, viruses, etc) will still be with us!

Enjoy

Dominic

--- Jeremy Hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu> wrote:

> It is amazing how media outlets are portaying assent
> or dissent
> depending on their perspective.  On friday, I was
> listening to the
> bbc's fictionalization of internet governance in the
> future.  It was
> fairly enlightening as to the british government
> perspective, if not
> really the BT's.     The bbc podcast was in their
> 'go digital' series
> i think.

Dominic Pinto
36 Bedfordbury Flat 29