[Air-l] back to myspace (the quizes that kids have on them)

radhika gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Sun Apr 9 15:52:20 PDT 2006

Hi,

getting back to myspace and race.

Since my group of students and I have been focused on looking at
biracial users from low-income bacgrounds and have been going back
and forth from doing user-end interviews to doing textual/semiotic
analyses of their (and their listed friends') sites -and since on
myspace I am connected to mostly non-white groups (South Asians etc)
I actually have less general knowledge about the "white" populations
in these spaces.

So my question is for those of you who are studying myspace and doing
analyses of white-appearing youngsters - can you tell me the
significance of the quizzes they tend to have link to their sites -
if they do?

thanks,

radhika

_________