[Air-l] Online graffiti

Andrea Forte aforte at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Apr 22 05:41:31 PDT 2006

The "graffiti" on Wikipedia is definitely defacement. There are rules that
govern activity on Wikipedia, often vandals act in violation of them.
Contributions to the encyclopedia are not graffiti--that's just painting a
wall. ;-) I don't think it would be terribly difficult to study the kinds
of defacement that happen on Wikipedia. I also think it would be
interesting to know more about why and when people vandalize as the site
is charged with a lot of political and social meaning for different
people.

Andrea