[Air-l] hesitations, hedges

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at albany.edu
Wed Apr 12 11:38:16 PDT 2006

To add to the suggested literature:

Locher, Miriam. 2004. Power and politeness in action: Disagreement in oral
communication. Mouton De Gruyter.

If memory serves, I think Margaret L. McLaughlin's Conversation: How Talk is
Organized, also provides some discussion of hesitations, and the like, or at
the very least a nice introduction to theories of interaction.

Best wishes,
~Jenny