[Air-l] social movements / social software

Ted M Coopman coopman at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 17 17:14:45 PDT 2006

All,

I will shamelessly plug myself here with my own 2003 Air online social movements paper:

Coopman, T. M. (2005) Dissentworks: Identity and emergent dissent as network structure. In Matthew Allen & Mia Consalvo (eds.). 2nd Internet Research Annual. Peter Lang.

Continuing with more flagrant self promotion:

I have a paper I presented at NCA and is in submission, Weak is the New Strong: Weak Ties, Communication Networks, and Collective Action if the fellow grad student is interested I'll send a copy.

Also recommending the edited volume:

Diani & McAdam (eds.)(2003). Social movements and networks: Relational approaches to collective action. New York: Oxford University Press.

Especially the Mische, A. chapter, Cross-talk in movements: Reconceiving the culture-network link.

-TED

Ted M. Coopman
Department of Communication
University of Washington