[Air-l] Technology and Literacy text

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 00:08:06 PDT 2006

Dear Air-ers -

I was very interested in everyone's post on this
topic, but I still think that there's only one text
that has explained the capacity for language in a
digital world - and sure, it's that ancient tome from
Micheal Heim.

Heim, Michael. (1987). Electric language: A
philosophical study of word processing. New Haven,
Yale University Press.

It's not a text to give anyone, but I'm aware that the
scholars of rhetoric among us have read it as part of
the 'canon' and know how well it explains the core of
what literacy is and how it mutates when it becomes
digital (electric).

Cheers, Denise

Denise N. Rall, Ph.D. submitted, School of Environ. Science,
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tuesdays: Room T2.12, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 or Mobile 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/index.html
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html