[Air-l] Old Commercials of Technology

Sarah Stein sstein at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Apr 7 09:27:54 PDT 2006

>On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Jean Burgess wrote:
>
>>  Quicktime of the '1984' Apple superbowl ad here: http://www.uriah.com/
>>  apple-qt/1984.html
>
>in his book electric dreams: computers in american culture, ted friedman
>does a great job of unpacking this particular apple ad.  his chapter on
>apple's 1984 superbowl commercial is online here:
>http://www.tedfriedman.com/electricdreams/

	David Silver spoke of Ted Friedman's analysis of the 1984
Macintosh ad in his forthcoming book. You can also see my 2002
extensive analysis of this ad in:
	The "1984" Macintosh ad: Cinematic icons and constitutive
rhetoric in the launch of a new machine. Quarterly Journal of Speech
88:2, May 2002, 169-192.

	Sarah Stein
--
Sarah Stein, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Dept of Communication