[Air-l] Meeting in Montreal this week?

Bernie Hogan bernie.hogan at utoronto.ca
Mon Aug 7 18:02:03 PDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

As many of you might know, particularly the sociologists, this week the
American Sociological Association's meetings begin in Montreal. (And no, the
sociologists haven't been kicked out of the US yet - they voluntarily left
for a week).

There are two technology-oriented sections of the ASA: SKAT (science,
knowledge and technology) and CITASA (communications and information
technology). CITASA is more Internet-oriented. Like last year, CITASA is
having a miniconference the day before the ASAs. This time around it will be
live online!

There are three roundtables at the miniconference: "Ubiquitous Computing",
"Online Social Networks" and "Online Health Resources". I'm the moderator of
the second session (Online Social Networks). And I encourage you to check
out our wiki, and perhaps even add a journal article / news story or two.

http://wiki.citasa.org/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.citasa.org/

If you'll be in Montreal, don't hesitate to check out the miniconference or
the other CITASA events. And if you've already broke the bank on a trip to
Australia, consider checking out the event live online.

Take care,
BERNiE

Bernie Hogan
PhD Candidate, Department of Sociology
Research Coordinator, NetLab
Graduate Fellow, Knowledge Media Design Institute
University of Toronto