[Air-l] First post

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 21:12:30 PDT 2006

Mary-Helen -

You might want to look at this Ph.D. thesis
(unpublished ms.)

Parry, Sharon. (1997). "Doctoral study in its
disciplinary context." LaTrobe University.

It's nothing online but a fairly thorough study that
reviews the PG student vs. the PG supervisor's
perspectives on how the research went. She uses
grounded theory but at least there's a background
there that does reference 'lived experience' of Ph.D.
students.

Me - strictly the torture track - no comment I could
make on any blog would do justice at this point.
Re-submitting this week.

Cheers, Denise

--- Mary-Helen Ward <mhward at usyd.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have been reading this list for about a month now
> so I thought it was
> about time I delurked.

Denise N. Rall, PhD thesis in revision, School of Environ. Science,
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tuesdays: Room T2.17, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 or Mobile 0427 245 497
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/index.html
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html