[Air-l] Ellis and Jeremy

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Sat Aug 12 23:56:44 PDT 2006

> yes, i realize that some people prefer things to be simple. Personally,
> I prefer precision and clarity, though.  We don't really have an
> association motto... and if we did... I'd support "we're all in this
> together', where 'this' takes many possible meanings.

Perhaps universities should start revoking the Ph.Ds of folks who won't
use a dictionary when they read.

Probably more than a little unpopular, but... effective.

You didn't use any words that aren't in fairly common academic
circulation, so I don't really see what the problem could have been.

--elijah