[Air-l] RFID

Dr. W. Reid Cornwell wrc at tcfir.org
Fri Aug 25 13:03:34 PDT 2006

Michael,

You are right there is loss of control, but you have to give a damn for it
to be a problem.

I go to conferences for the same reason I joined AOIR and this list serve.
To meet people with whom I share a common interest. As the saying goes, "You
have to kiss a lot of toads to find a princess (or a prince)." I found it
very efficient in weeding out the toads from the princesses. Control was
lost with the amount of information I gave up at registration, not at the
chance encounter. In any event it was helpful in finding people of interest.

 The tool of RFID and its potential is cross-disciplinary, enables potential
not available previously and is revolutionary for social research. Subjects
can opt in or out.

In reality it is no different than research on social groups using the
internet except the network is smaller and easier to manage.

Reid

Dr. W. Reid Cornwell
The Center For Internet Research
P.O. Box 6369