[Air-l] ARPAnet history question

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Tue Aug 29 17:28:36 PDT 2006

If you want a nice graphic peacockmaps.com probably has something - I am
looking at their lovely maps of the internet poster (on my wall) and can
see that, in December 1969, a sigma7 at UCLA, a 360 at UCSB, a PDP10 at
Utah and a 940 at SRI were the four computers. The map also describes
the state of ARPANET in September - not much of a network - just the
sigma7 at UCLA and the first IMP.

Dr Matthew Allen
Associate Professor in Internet Studies
President Association of Internet Researchers
Faculty of Media Society and Culture
Curtin University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J
http://smi.curtin.edu.au/NetStudies/allen.htm