[Air-l] conceptual lexicon

Ellis Godard egodard at csun.edu
Fri Aug 4 14:19:16 PDT 2006

Jeremy wrote:
> You can't get there from where you are.   you have to toss the
> atomism and start considering that there are molecules and moles
> which act fundamentally different as a whole than as a collection of
> atoms.

I'm of course not questioning that collective behavior is distinct from
atomistic or unitary behavior. I'm questioning whether "collective identity"
meaningfully exists, anywhere - a question you and Elijah both dodged, even
though I invited a half dozen kinds of possible responses. For example
(again) what is the "collective identity" of this list?

-eg