[Air-l] Communities and Technologies 2007 Update

Charles Steinfield steinfie at msu.edu
Sat Aug 26 15:17:37 PDT 2006

Hello all,
This is just a brief reminder about the upcoming Communities and
Technologies 2007 conference next June 28-30 at Michigan State
University, and to let you all know that we've opened the online
submission system now.  Don't panic: there is still lots of time. The
paper submission deadline is November 13, 2006, and the workshop
proposal submission deadline is December 4, 2006.

For those who haven't seen announcements about this meeting, it is
the third in a series of biennial meetings bringing together scholars
from a range of disciplines interested in topics relevant to the
broad area of ICTs and communities (both physical and virtual).  The
conference web site is:
http://ebusiness.tc.msu.edu/cct2007/

In addition to a day of workshops, and two days of competitively
selected papers, we have several featured speakers now planned,
including Judith Donath, Director of the Social Media Group at the
MIT Media Lab, and Rob Malda and Jeff Bates, co-founders of
Slashdot.  We also will have a featured workshop on tools and
techniques for illustrating digital traces led by Marc Smith,
Director of the Community Technologies Group at Microsoft Research.

Please consider submitting a paper!

regards,
Chip Steinfield
------

Charles Steinfield
Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI  48824  USA

email: steinfie at msu.edu
tel: +1 517 355 8372