[Air-l] Statistics Canada - General Social Survey: The Internet and the way we spend our time

Mark Bell typewritermark at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 07:18:37 PDT 2006

Folks,

This was posted on Canoe.ca today:

"Heavy Internet users are different
2006-08-02 09:40:00

OTTAWA (CP) - There's a new study that says heavy Internet users lead a
considerably different lifestyle than people who do not surf the web.

Statistics Canada says it found that heavy Net users spent less time to
socializing with their spouse or partner, or their children and friends.

And they tended to stay at home, showing less interest in outdoor activities
than non-users."

Rest of article:
http://money.canoe.ca/News/Sectors/Entertainment/2006/08/02/1715240-cp.html