[Air-l] ideas-cyberspace-education (ICE3): call for papers

Jen Ross jen.ross at education.ed.ac.uk
Mon Aug 7 03:54:17 PDT 2006

ideas. cyberspace. education 3: 'digital difference'
21-23 March 2007 Ross Priory, Loch Lomond, Scotland.
Keynote Speaker: Professor Gunter Kress, Institute of Education,
University of London.

Dear AoIR colleague,

We warmly invite you to travel to the shores of Loch Lomond in
Scotland for the third ICE symposium. ICE3 - the last of the series -
will address the question of 'digital difference', and the call for
abstracts is now open.

Held over three days in the delightful setting of Ross Priory, the
symposium will give lecturers, developers, researchers and theorists
an opportunity to discuss the culture, theory and politics of
learning and teaching in digital spaces.

Details of the symposium, including more about its key themes, are
available from our website: http://www.education.ed.ac.uk/ice3

As in previous years, the symposium will be for a maximum of 40
people to keep the event intimate and allow a high degree of
interchange and discussion. Papers will be presented in a single
stream to allow a shared experience of the event. The deadline for
extended abstracts of 1000 words is the end of November 2006.

ICE3 is jointly organised by the University of Strathclyde and the
University of Edinburgh.

We very much hope you can join us at ICE3 and look forward to
welcoming you to Scotland.

Best wishes,

Jen Ross
Higher and Community Education