[Air-l] clothing Nud*ist

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Aug 12 14:46:10 PDT 2006

Denise and someone else recommended Nud.ist and NVivo6.
These are notes, and are by no means a recomendation or a disuassion.

1. There is now NVivo7 which is a combo of Nud.ist and NVivo.

2. Early reports say it is resource hungary and perhaps slow to run.

3. Tom and Lynn Richards, the Aussies who founded QSR (which begat Nud.ist
and NVivo) have left active running of the company.

4. We haven't tested NVivo7 at NetLab yet. Would love to hear from those
who have. I understand the program has already been upgraded, perhaps to
install, load and run faster.

I may have told this story before, but I love it.

In the early 1990s, my wife took a Nud.ist workshop in the USA. (I think
Lynn ran it.)
A month later, we were in Bielefeld at the World Congress of Sociology.
In an elevator, my wife saw someone who had taken the workshop with her.
"Didn't I see you at the Nudist workshop?" she asked him abmidst a packed
elevator!
Gasps!! And the sound of silence.
 Barry

      You're invited to visit & contribute to the new version of
 "Updating Cybertimes: It's Time to Bring Our Culture into Cyberspace"
             http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php