[Air-l] Introducing AOIRcamp: Un-conference for IR7.0 goers

Marcus Foth m.foth at qut.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 16:15:05 PDT 2006

Dear Kevin,

I'm not speaking on behalf of the AoIR 2006 conference organising
committee, but I personally think that it is unfair of you to
position this initiative in direct competition with official AoIR
conference events such as the conference dinner. The more people are
expected to attend a conference dinner, the less it will cost to
stage it per person and the more diverse and rewarding the experience
will be.

I think your idea is great and the event you propose would be lots of
fun, but I suggest you work with us to make this a successful
conference by contacting the conference organisers, Fay, Axel and
Matthew, to find a free spot in the conference's social program and
to book an appropriate venue at QUT. Some of these spaces might be
suitable:
http://www.ciprecinct.com.au/spaces/

cheers, marcus

--
Dr Marcus Foth
BMultimedia BCompSc(Hons) MA PhD

Australian Postdoctoral Fellow
Institute for Creative Industries and Innovation
Queensland University of Technology (CRICOS No. 00213J)
Creative Industries Precinct, Brisbane QLD 4059, Australia
Phone +61 7 3138 8772 - Fax 8195 - Room Z6-511
http://ici.qut.edu.au/