[Air-l] ethics - aol data

Michael Zimmer michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
Tue Aug 29 14:03:54 PDT 2006

The original (widespread & public) release of the data set was fully
intentional. The README text file accompanying the datasets included
this note:
    This collection is distributed for NON-COMMERCIAL RESEARCH USE ONLY.
    Any application of this collection for commercial purposes is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

The bottom of the file includes a copyright notice, but I don't know
if that's meant to refer to the dataset, or just the ReadMe file.