[Air-l] ethics - aol data

Holly Kruse holly-kruse at utulsa.edu
Wed Aug 30 21:14:03 PDT 2006

In terms of content posted in public forums, I must say that back in the
1990s in teaching an undergrad media law class in a communication department
and administering an incredibly high volume Listserv-run email list
populated primarily by internet newbies, I found it highly useful to refer
people (in the U.S.) to this "Copyright Basics" website:

  http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

It doesn't address all of the nuances of internet copyright law raised here,
and I know that the experts in legal issues related to intellectual property
and the internet on air-l might be able to help us grasp those (broadcast
model vs. print model in the communication decency act ruling, etc.), but
for laypeople like me I think that this is a pretty helpful basic site.

Holly

--
Holly Kruse
Faculty of Communication