[Air-l] India Rejects One Laptop Per Child

Jean Burgess je.burgess at qut.edu.au
Tue Aug 1 03:38:29 PDT 2006

See also the Guardian just now: "Poverty-stricken Rwanda puts its faith and future into the wide wired world:

A mobile in every pocket is motto of tiny country aiming to be hub of technology"

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1834623,00.html

And for the political economists, this bit further down the page:

"Meanwhile, the government is offering incentives to attract private investment. The home of the senate, a modern seven-storey building, is being turned into an "ICT park" for hi-tech companies that will receive free rent and utilities."